Sunday, March 7, 2010

Build Your Own Soft Protest


I have to present a proposal tomorrow.
I am creating a system of soft building blocks so other people can build their own inhabitable fabric sculptures and leaving the blocks in public spaces. I will leave a to-do list of things you can build or do in what you build, like sleep, have a picnic, build a tower, put on a play, have a conversation with a stranger...and leave a pen so people can add to the list or check off what they have done.
I want to call it a soft protest because it opposes the hard, unchangeable asphalt-and-concrete public landscape.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thumbs up this, if thumbs up were a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks maggie.
    and I promise it's not as media-labby as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete